Legends of the Pekingese

The Common Legend:

A lion and a marmoset fell in love. But the lion was too large. The lion went to the Buddha and told him of his woes. The Buddha allowed the lion to shrink down to the size of the marmoset. The Pekingese is the result.

A lesser know Legend:
A lion fell in love with a butterfly. But the butterfly and lion knew the difference in size was too much to overcome. Together they went to see the Buddha, who allowed their size to meet in the middle. From this, the Pekingese was created.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rainbow Bridge

Dear friends,
Last weekend was so heartbreaking.  We lost our little Daphne.  Daphne was so frail and weak but we thought she was starting to get stronger.  But, she woke one morning and she knew it was her time.  I took her outside where she tried to get far away from me and had a seizure.  She passed in the ER but not before I gave her dozens of kisses and whispered to her how much she was loved. 

Our little Daphne is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for us.  We love you Daphne.


A few days prior to Daphne passing we lost Tracey.  Tracey was a rescue from Fort Worth that was an owner surrender.  She was so broken, literally.  Broken bones and several internal injuries.  I was with her for less than a few hours before I was forced to make the decision none of us like to make - it was time to let her go.  The ER Vet advised that no matter what was done to help her that she would never recover, would always be in pain.  My heart was so heavy, and still is, for her life and death.  No animal should EVER be abused, neglected or forgotten.  Tracey, though I only knew you briefly, I will always treasure and love you. 


Lastly, my Mom's Chi - Fawn - died on July 4th.  Fawny was 12 and the love of my Mom's life.  She was such a wonderful dog, full of spirit and personality.  So smart and loving.  In May she was diagnosed with a heart murmur and swelling of the heart.  Even though she was on meds it just kept getting worse and an xray revealed that the swelling was so great that more than likely she had a tumor in her heart.  With tears, confusion, anger, sadness and guilt my Mom let her go.  All of you know, that even when we know it's time to let our baby pass with dignity that it isn't done without so many mixed emotions.  Time has stopped our tears from being as constant but hasn't erased our longing for her bark, little kisses and constant barks for treats at 9 pm.  Fawn, I miss you my little sister. 



We love all of you sweet angels.  Until we see you at the Rainbow Bridge...

2 comments:

  1. This is the most heartberaking post..and little Tracey? you can see he pain in her eyes...I'm so glad her surreing is over..thank y9u for being there always for all of these little souls..what a tragic time for you & your Mom..sending hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost my gorgeous peke, Khan , in May this year, he would have turned 7yrs old in just over two weeks time. I miss him so much

    ReplyDelete