Legends of the Pekingese

The Common Legend:

A lion and a marmoset fell in love. But the lion was too large. The lion went to the Buddha and told him of his woes. The Buddha allowed the lion to shrink down to the size of the marmoset. The Pekingese is the result.

A lesser know Legend:
A lion fell in love with a butterfly. But the butterfly and lion knew the difference in size was too much to overcome. Together they went to see the Buddha, who allowed their size to meet in the middle. From this, the Pekingese was created.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pekes and You Pekingese Rescue

Hi friends,
A couple of months ago I "met" online Natalie Seibert, the founder of Pekes and You Pekingese Rescue.  This organizaton is based in the OKC, OK area and is focused on rescuing Pekingese and placing them in furever homes.  Her team has pulled more than several dozen in 4 months and placed more than half already.  She's doing amazing work and I've been honored that she has trusted me to help her with DFW pulls and transports. 

Becaue there are so many Pekingese angels in the DFW area she has asked me to be her DFW contact and I couldn't be more honored.  It's going to be a busy next few week getting things started but I'm really excited.  Thanks Nat for letting me help you and helping me live my dream.

http://www.pekesandyou.com/

More news to come as this effort gets started.  Wish me luck!
Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment