Legends of the Pekingese

The Common Legend:

A lion and a marmoset fell in love. But the lion was too large. The lion went to the Buddha and told him of his woes. The Buddha allowed the lion to shrink down to the size of the marmoset. The Pekingese is the result.

A lesser know Legend:
A lion fell in love with a butterfly. But the butterfly and lion knew the difference in size was too much to overcome. Together they went to see the Buddha, who allowed their size to meet in the middle. From this, the Pekingese was created.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hello!

Hello dear Pekingese friends!
For those that are familiar with my original blog I rather love Pekingese dogs.  These are a gentle and proud breed that are self reliant, extremely self aware and full of personality.  While I cannot save them all, I've recently discovered that I can save some.  And by partnering with wonderful 501C rescue groups, I can help save the lives of special Pekes by pulling them and transporting them on behalf of rescue organizations. 

Currently I'm not able to foster more than maybe a night or two but transporting allows me to combine my desire to help with my love of road-trips. 

Please follow this blog and when you can, lend your financial support to rescue groups (not me but the actual 501C groups) and always, please always share your Peke Prayers for each little angel in need of a fur-ever home.

Thank you for following and for your love and support of this amazing breed!

No comments:

Post a Comment